2017 In Review
LEARN, GROW, REFLECT, REPEAT
Oh boy... This last year has been a whirlwind in the best way possible, and what better way to ring in the new by reflecting back on what we've learned in 2017! As most of you are aware, social marketing trends are evolving so darn rapidly, so we've taken the time to dissect past trends to help us all gear up for the new ones. Take a look at what we've put together... oh, and you are so very welcome!
- Influencer Marketing
- Brands switching focus from Millennials to Generation Z
- Brands personally connecting with their community
- The importance of Instagram Stories
OUR TAKE ON THE WHOLE ENCHILADA
CONNECTION + AUTHENTICITY IS KEY
With more and more brands jumping onto social media platforms, we need to evolve our advertising approach. Nobody wants to be told to buy something anymore, and as brands, we face the challenge of genuinely connecting with our audience while also strategically selling our products + services.
- Utilizing video on platforms such as Snapchat, Instagram Stories, and Facebook Live to engage with current and prospective clients allows your brand to showcase transparency. Our audience wants to engage with brands that seem more human, so let's start acting more human.
- With true authentic connection comes the conflicting rapid growth of automation + machine learning. While it is important to remain human, Chat Bots will make customer service easier and faster, allowing for 24 / 7 customer service after hours.
THE FUTURE OF CONSUMERISM
"Gen Z is innovative, phone-obsessed, and they crave authentic experiences. They're conscious about the environment, choose visuals over text and prefer incognito social media platforms that their parents and grandparents aren’t on." - Digital Marketing Institute
- We need to heavily consider the upcoming influx of Gen Z's buying power in relation to their buying behavior.
- Ephemeral Content (fleeting content, disappears within 24 hrs) will be huge. Content that is short-lived promotes FOMO (fear of missing out) and will cause Gen Z buyers to take action more impulsively + rapidly.